The following points are included in our Full Service. We feel that you need to know what happens to your car whilst in our care:
PRE ENGINE CHECKS
1. Check vehicle history.
2. Check the cam belt replacement interval in miles or years.
3. Check for damage to bodywork, lamps and trims.
4. Fit protective covers.
5. Check condition and operation of all seat belts.
6. Check operation of interior and exterior lights.
7. Check operation of ABS and air bag warning lights.
8. Check air conditioning operation including bad odour. (If we feel that is something wrong with your A.C. we will check it for free.)
9. Check windscreen washers and wipers.
10. Check horn.
11. Check operation of suspension dampers.
12. Lubricate all door hinges, locks and bonnet catches.
13. Apply treatments to remove internal contamination.
At each service we clean your engine and fuel system internally using Forte Treatments
- Advanced Formula Gas Treatment
- Advanced Formula Motor Flush
- Advanced Formula Fuel System Cleaner Petrol/Diesel
You will benefit from:
- Easier starting
- Smother running
- Reduced exhaust emissions
- Better fuel economy
- Reduced engine wear
- Lower maintenance costs
14. Check fuel cap.
UNDER THE BONNET
15. Check cooling system including fan operation.
16. Check and record Anti-Freeze protection.
17. Check and record brake fluid condition.
18. Check all auxiliary drive belts.
19. Check breather system.
20. Check vacuum pipes.
21. Check power steering operation and fluid condition.
22. Check throttle body. Clean if required.
23. Check battery level.
24. Check and top up all under bonnet fluid levels.
25. Replace air filter. *
26. Replace spark plugs. *
27. Replace fuel filter. *
28. Replace pollen filter. *
29. Change oil, filter and fit new sump plug washer
30. Check fuel lines and brake pipes.
31. Check the condition and security of the exhaust.
32. Check and top up axle and transfer box oil levels.
33. Check and top up gear box oil level.
34. Check all steering and suspension joints, mountings and gaiters.
35. Carry out tyre report.
36. Check all wheel bearings for excessive play and noise. (Adjust if required.)
37. Check CV gaiters and joints for wear or splits.
38. Check clutch cable/cylinder.
39. Grease all greasing points.
40. Check operation and condition of front brakes.
41. Check operation and condition of rear brakes. (Adjust hand brake if necessary.)
42. Carry out the brake report.
43. Refill engine with specified grade oil.
44. torque wheel/studs.
45. Road test vehicle and report any findings.
46. Re-check engine oil level.
47. Carry out emission report.
48. Reset service interval indicator.
49. Ensure all upholstery, gear lever, steering wheel, etc. are clean.
50. Stamp service book.
*if your car needs them
|This is our Industry Standard Service checklist and you will get a copy as proof of our professionalism together with The Good Garage Scheme Customer Satisfaction Survey. You can leave feedback if desired. (Just drop it in the post box, FREE). This will help us to improve our service.